Saturday, September 1, 2012

Relaxing at Turkey Point Beach

Taking a short break before school resumes, this week we spent five sun filled fun days at a cottage in Turkey Point.  Although a deviation from my usual pattern of finding hiking trails to explore, I have to admit that at this time I was continually drawn to the beach and spent as much time there as I could.

Getting up with the sun, I took pride in being the first one on the beach each day, arriving just as the colour in the sky was changing and enjoying a magnificent sunrise that seemed to be taking place for my enjoyment alone.

What an amazing way to start the day! With a fresh coffee and in the company of a dog that seemed to enjoy it as much as I did, I looked forward to this soul cleansing ritual each morning.

After spending the day swimming in the warm waters and catching up on reading, we would often return for an after dinner stroll and a few times returned late in the evening to catch the sight of the moon reflecting off the waters.

With the interesting tide pools, warm sand and stunning sunrises, this beach is well worth visiting.

Next week, more hiking in the Dundas Valley. For more pics and info, visit my Facebook page at: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Dundas-Valley-and-beyond/120774278042380 Happy hiking!!

No comments:

Post a Comment