Saturday, December 29, 2012

Goodbye 2012

I have to admit, I am a big fan of the changing seasons in Ontario. I love the newness of spring, the deep greens and wildlife activity of the summer, the intense colours of fall and the silence and clean landscapes of winter.
This is also the time of year that I build my plan and goals for the new year and take time to reflect on the year gone by.
Waking this morning to a fresh covering of snow, I took full advantage of the opportunity to explore the Spring Creek Trail and take the time to think back with gratitude on the many hiking and camping opportunities that I had in 2012.
There is something about a fresh covering of snow that helps to clear your head and cleanse your mind and I returned from this hike feeling truly refreshed.
It was just over a year ago that I started this blog and in that time I have explored many of the trails of the Dundas Valley. I have had the opportunity to share thoughts with readers and meet some terrific people who share my passion for hiking and photography. It has been a lot of fun and I have learned a lot.
I am looking forward to much more exploring in this area in 2013 and sharing more photos and hiking ideas with you.
A sincere thank you for the many comments and words of encouragement this year. They are greatly appreciated.

Also, thank you for the many of you that have visited and left comments on my Facebook page at: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Dundas-Valley-and-beyond/120774278042380

Please accept my wishes to you for a healthy and happy 2013 and one that is filled with amazing outdoor experiences.

Cam

4 comments:

  1. Where is Spring Creek Trail?
    I love finding out about new trails and special spots that you pass on to us, so Thank-you very much!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jenny,

    The Spring Creek Trail follow Spring Creek and runs east west through the Dundas Valley from the Trail Centre heading west past Sanctuary Park and Warren Park in Dundas. There are many points of entry. If you drive to the end of Bridalwood Drive in Dundas, you can park there free and walk right in. As this trail is very close to my home, I explore it often. Loads of deer to see here particularly if you go early morning or at dusk. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cam,

    This may be a little off topic as it relates to Dundas Vally, but let me say that your Camping in Ontario blog has been super helpful. We are planning a camping trip along the north shore of Lake Erie, and we are trying to decide between Turkey Point, Long Point, and Rondeau Provincial Park campgrounds. I see by your blog that you've been to Turkey Point several times. Have you been to Rondeau? The parks Canada website is horrible, and I can't find much information about Rondeau on line. Based on your praise of Turkey Point, we are leaning toward staying there, however we like to bike ride and Rondeau looks like it may have more biking opportunities. Any thoughts?
    I should mention that we are tent campers, and we try to find campsites that have pine trees or vegetation around them and are not in a glorified parking lot made of grass. We also like to avoid the electric hook-up people, as they tend to be noisy campers. I guess the other thing that the Parks Canada website won't tell you is if there are any parks that tend to attract the party crowd.

    After seeing all your photographs, we may even make a side trip to the Dundas Valley!

    Thanks.

    -Super Dave

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks so much, I greatly appreciate you comments. I havent been to Rondeau but as you noted, I have spent a lot of time at both Turkey Point and LongPoint. Another park to consider if you enjoy the Lake Erie shore is Port Burwell. We've spent lots of time there and it is one of my favorites. Great for kids and a really great beach.

    ReplyDelete