Thursday, December 24, 2015

Merry Christmas from the Dundas Valley

Walking out the front door this morning at 6:30 a.m was surreal. It was 15 degrees. In December. On the day before Christmas. In all my life I don't recall December weather like this. Not that I'm complaining but wow, it's positively balmy!

I wrapped up my Christmas shopping mid morning and then hit the trail. Due to its close proximity, the Spring Creek Trail called out to me and before long I was enveloped in the trees, a light breeze blowing and the sun shining. Remarkable. The trails are in amazing shape for this time of year, a little spongy in sections but for the most part, dry and firm. I came across a couple on horse back and just one other person walking with their dog. I expected it to be busier but I suspect many were still fighting off the hordes in the malls.

In any event, a beautiful day and certainly one to be grateful for.

I reflected on the year that was. Some challenges for sure but lots of memorable moments as well, fortunately more of those than the latter and I had to admit to myself that I'm a pretty lucky guy. There is a lot of strife in the world and I don't think that there has been a time when I've felt more grateful to live in Canada and in this safe and stable community.

I thank you, the reader of this blog, for being a big part of this year as well and I'm thrilled that I was able to meet many of you on the trails and at events this year. There are lots of new things in the works for 2016 and I'm pretty excited about the future.

With that, we wrap up another year. In the words of Edward Abbey, "May your trails be crooked, winding, lonesome, dangerous, leading to the most amazing view. May your mountains rise into and above the clouds."
 
Merry Christmas to you and best wishes for a happy, healthy and prosperous 2016.
 
Cam

No comments:

Post a Comment